Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Project #1 Paper /Cardboard Sculpture

Project #1 Paper /Cardboard Sculpture,
Sculpture is an art form that is not limited to any medium; it is free of the confines of painting, drawing, photography, and video. It can be made from any material, and can be any size. However, this freedom can cause problems; what should I make, what medium should I chose, I don’t know how to weld, I can’t afford the casting resins. So for the first assignment, I will be taking away one of the variables by assigning a medium. (Paper/ Cardboard.) Paper/Cardboard is accessible to all of us, it is inexpensive, nontoxic, and you do not need specialized and dangerous tools to work with it. Paper/Cardboard comes many colors, shapes, sizes, thicknesses, and textures. You are to create a sculpture that is made from paper/cardboard. The way you chose to use the paper/cardboard is entirely up to you. However I do not want you to show your skills in Origami, if you use Origami as your form of paper sculpture, I will have to approve it. Again this assignment is not about folding paper into little swans, frogs, or neat little paper boxes. The sculpture should be 3 dimensional, relief or freestanding. Please push your ideas as far as time, skill, and finances allow.








































































No comments:

Post a Comment